- To determine the effect of placing lighted magnesium ribbon into steam produced by
- Magnesium ribbon
- Ring stand
- Bunsen burner
- Place flask containing water on the ring stand.
- Light the bunsen burner under the flask and let the water boil.
- Place a strip of magnesium ribbons in the tongs, then ignite it by placing it in the
flame of the Bunsen burner.
- With the tongs, lower a piece of lighted magnesium ribbon into the steam.
- What happened to the magnesium ribbon when it was lowered into the steam?
- Why does the magnesium continue to burn brightly, instead of going out?